- Intellectually stimulating programs.
- Social and recreational events, including an annual dinner, summer picnic, hikes and the occasional group trip.
- Informal discussion groups for exploring topics of interest to humanists.
- WASHline, our lively monthly member newsletter, including articles, program schedules, book and movie reviews, and more.
- Internet resources - an informative web site, and a number of e-mail list servers.
- Connection to the larger humanist community through formal and informal alliances.
- Service to the public and the media as a source of information about humanist perspectives on issues of contemporary concern.
If any of these things appeal to you, we invite you to learn more about secular humanism, and the Washington Area Secular Humanists (WASH).
Want to know more about WASH? Here's a short introduction to us.